With all the brand spankin’ new additions Facebook has released, it would be a crime for businesses and nonprofit organizations to NOT have a Facebook account. With the addition of paid advertisements based on your budget, the updated Facebook layout, and new app choices, it’s easier to attract fresh meat to you page.
Speaking of apps, have you heard of the Static HTML iFrame app? If you haven’t, here’s the 411: The Static HTML iFrame app allows you to create and add a custom “Like for Gift” tab to your Facebook business or fan page. Offer your current/potential fans a gift, such as an eBook or exclusive downloadable content, and design what each group will see before and after liking your page. Although the name still fits, the app is not as HTML centric as it once was. Those who aren’t necessarily “HTML savvy” have other options available, such as uploading an image or linking directly to a webpage. Here’s how it’s done:
- Download the Static HTML app.
- Select your Facebook page. If you have multiple pages, you’ll need to re-download the app for each one. Note: This app won’t work on your personal account. Fan pages only!
- Head back to your Facebook page. In the apps section, click the Static HTML box (should contain a gray star).
- You’ll notice two tabs here: Fangate and Content. Go ahead and click the Fangate tab.
- This should re-direct you to the delicious “App Buffet” page. You should see options a-plenty! Choose one of the following: HTML, Image, Website, Drag & Drop, or Contact.
- Using the app your choosing, edit the Fangate tab any way you like. Click preview at anytime to view your page from a visitor’s perspective.
- Now start from step 5 and repeat for your Content tab.
- Almost done! For the last piece of the puzzle, we need to adjust your app’s appearance. Navigate back to your Fan Page. On the top, right-hand side, click “Edit Page” and select “Update Info.”
- On the left-hand side of the screen, click “Apps.” Locate the Static HTML app and select “Edit Settings”.
- Modify the app’s name and image. Make it as eye-catching and welcoming as possible to entice your visitors.
Simple as can be! A stellar way to direct people to your new app is to write a post about it, click the “Edit or Remove” button in the top right hand corner, and select “Pin to Top”. Your post will remain at the top of your timeline for the next 7 days. Try to update your content regularly to entice new fans.