Unlike plain text, infographics are a lot easier to digest for most people. That means putting your core marketing message into an infographics can help communicate your message more effectively, especially to a different segement of your audience that may be more visual.
Research seems to support this conclusion. It’s not surprising that some, if not all, people are able to absorb information a lot more effectively.
Some Infographic Stats
- 90% of information comes to the brain is visual
- Infographic production increases by 1% every day
- They show an expert understanding of the subject area or topic
- Infographics help to visualize relationships and statistics simply and easily
What Designers Need to Know
There are several things a designer needs to know before beginning on their first infographic:
- Almost every infographic has some kind of chart. The most popular charts used are usually bar charts then from there it is line charts, pictoral charts, and then pie charts.
- 85% of designers use some kind of Sans Serif font since they are more visually appealing to the eye than Serif fonts.
It’s also important that the base color be simple so you can add more colors to things like the charts, type, and especially the key info. Here’s some stats on base colors:
- 29% of designers tend to use white as their base color
- 18% use off white
- 18% use gray
- 13% light blue
- 10% black
Do you notice that the majority of base colors are usually natural?
Has this made you want to invest in an infographic yet?